[Serusers] still no help - usrloc synchronization

Tina kramarv at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 17:11:39 CEST 2005

Hi there,
If you use DNS server for load balancing... the client receives one of your domain IP addresses according to SRV. I don't see the problem with a call here, cause UAC asks the address only once (before sending INVITE). UAC already has the IP for BYE/reINVITEs. So why would you replicate INVITEs?

If you use IPVS/LVS... I believe you can force SER to insert it's public IP into VIA, so there is no problem with replies. With regard to another requests, I believe load balancer keeps connection template, then when another request comes it would be forwarded to the same ser.

Any comments?

"Greger V. Teigre" <greger at teigre.com> wrote:
Yes, I believe that is so. But still you get a problem if the NAT is
restricted, port-restricted or symmetric... The best would be to load
balance and always make sure that a given client is handled through a given
SER (REGISTER and INVITEs). That includes forwarding INVITEs from one SER to
another... OR you must load balance in front of your servers with one common
public IP.
g-)