[Serusers] pre-paid

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 02:05:55 CEST 2005

Hi

This has been asked b4, SER isnt realyy the best at doing prepaid, simply
because it is not designed to work that way, for prepaid you really need
to be able to sit in the middle of the audio stream, so u can disconnect
it when the money runs out, hence the best way to do it is to use a
b2bua, asterisk os one solution, there is one called sippy (not free),
and vovida has one also, or you can try to put one together urself,
although its not a b2bua, u could look at using session-timers as a few
on this list have, it depends on where u want to take the solution.

If u want a simple install use asterisk, run it with one of its prepaid
solutions and ur done.

Do you want different routes, lcr, different prices pre hour of day, i.e
not just cdr, but a rating engine also, this then requires more work.

I would say go with asterisk....although I used this and felt its a bit
heavy, but then my needs were scalability, and i didnt want to deal with
non-nat traffic.

Iqbal