[Serusers] serweb: problem on writing to /tmp/ser_fifo

Timur Elzhov elzhov at warelex.com
Sun Apr 3 17:56:49 CEST 2005

Hello SER experts,

I installed SER v0.9.0 and serweb, last CVS version. I unpacked serweb
under <web_root> directory and all the directory tree to have the
`apache:apache' priveligies. However, when I try to login, I get a warning:

Warning: fopen(/tmp/ser_fifo): failed to open stream: Permission
denied in
/var/www/html/zhrodague.net/public_html/serweb/html/functions.php on
line 267

I look at the /tmp/ser_fifo and surprised that it has the root:root
priveligies, although I run ser with the options "-u ser -g ser" (the
'ser' user has just been added just for this purpose).

So, what have I do to get the write permissions on the ser_fifo? Have
I definitely to add `ser' and/or `apache' user to the `root' group?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Timur Elzhov