[Serusers] avpops - how to fake a registration

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 15:21:18 CEST 2005

See inline.

On Apr 3, 2005 4:15 AM, Greger V. Teigre <greger at teigre.com> wrote:
> So you have tested using avp_pushto() and it doesn't work with stateless
> replies? That's one of the things I have never tested. I'm not sure how
> sl_send_reply() builds a message, but it is probably likely that it copies
> fields and thus ignores (or changes) Contact.  BTW, have you tried
> responding to the REGISTER using t_relay() ?  I have no clue what will
> happen, certainly not a 200 OK, maybe an error...

t_relay() would just attempt to send the REGISTER message along. So I
don't think that is what I need.

> If not,  maybe you'll get
> a message you can tweak with avp_*?!
>
> But to your "real" problem: Why not create a new table called 697_location
> and use save("697_location"); ?

I need to completely avoid the DB hit because for every UTstarcom ATA
we ship we would have twice the number if database hits becuase every
ATA has 2 phone port. So when we have 50,000 ATAs provisioned, there
would be 100,000 REGISTER messages being processed periodically.

>Or maybe even better: you can create a
> bypass when handling INVITEs and not authenticate if the caller is 697 and
> just rewrite the ruri directly to your voiceprompt.

I have to reponse with a correct 200OK in order to get the ATA to give
dialtone on this port. Otherwise there is no reason for doing anything
with port 2. And with no dialtone, the subscriber will automatically
call tech support for help when they misconfigure their ATA.