[Serusers] Outbound proxy

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 20:35:29 CEST 2005

Hi

I have a dumb question, it conecrns NAT and ser. I am using xlite and
grandstream 486 to test with, SER has been working great in all
situations, however I have realised that if I dont put an entry into
outbound proxy, then REGISTER does not work if behind a NAT. When I put
an entry into there it works, I am using mediaproxy which is running on
the same server as ser.

The question is what is the outbound proxy settings for in the UA, I
assume it is/was either for NAT, or when the register server is separate
from the proxy I guess.

If its for the NAT then shouldnt my mediaproxy ser combo take care of
it, since I am dealing with most NAT options at the SER/MP end.

Iqbal