[Serusers] HELP: Reentrant Main Route Block

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:16:15 CEST 2005

Hi All.

We've got a complex network configuration whereby we're using Linux
firewall wall load balancers which sit behind a Cisco 3600 router and
behind the firewall/load balancers (there are more than one) we have
multiple SER proxies.

We're using a virtual IP (VIP) on the public side of the load balancers.

Anyhow, when a message is sent to a SIP proxy it is hitting the main
route block in ser.cfg

But then it somehow hits the main route block again before being
t_relay()ed. So it appears that the main route block is reentrant.

I didn't think this was possbile. I added a P-Hint: header and the
first pass through the main route block the statement (uri==myself) is
TRUE, then the second pass through the main route block (uri==myself)
is FALSE.

Can any give a pointer?

Regards,
Paul