[Serusers] Differentiating between NO ANSWER and HANG UP

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 16:50:22 CEST 2004

Hello everyone.

Is there a way in my ser.cfg I can tell the difference between calls when a
user hangs up and when there is no answer by the called UA?

It seems to me that the return codes are the same, ie 487.

BUSY is OK because that returns 486.

I'm trying to figure out how to route calls to voice mail when there is no
answer only. I don't need to send the user to voice mail if the caller simply
hangs up. It's almost like RFC2543 needed to define return code 487 as NOANSWER
and a new code 488 as HUNGUP

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Regards,
Paul