[Serusers] open source g729

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Mon Sep 27 22:51:02 CEST 2004

I saw those discussions as well. Apparently it is Mark Spencer's best
interest to discourage people using it. I am not the right person to
interpret the law, as well as Mark.

Just like Intel's solution is for educational purpose and not breaking any
law, the adaptation of it to * or sems is no different, in my understanding.
G729 is an international standard. I don't think that it is a problem for
implementing it. It is end users' responsibility to pay the license fee for
commercial use. If there is any doubt, Intel's lawyers should be able to
understand the consequences of releasing the code.

Richard