[Serusers] SER + Asterisk Voicemail -- Seeking Advise

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 03:52:33 CEST 2004

Hello All.

I finally have my lookup("aliases") working thanks to Zeus Ng. Now that users
can have aliases on my ser proxy I have a question regarding voicemail. I'm
hoping someone can give me an idea of how best to address this issue.

I use ser for all SIP stuff and Asterisk for voicemail only. I have ser and
asterisk working nicely together.

A typical scenerio would be like this. I have a ser user named
1000 at mycompany.com with a PSTN alias 4075551234. In addition this user has an
Asterisk mailbox configured as 1000 at mycompany.com

When someone dials sip:1000 at mycompany.com and there is no answer they will get
sent to voicemail, which then Asterisk will say "The user at extension
one-zero-zero-zero is unavailable. Please leave your message after the tone..."

But what happens when a caller dials 4075551234 at mycompany.com and gets routed
to voicemail? 4075551234 doesn't exist in asterisk. If I use lookup("aliases")
in my ser.cfg routing plan can I revert back to the original
sip:1000 at mycompany.com before sending the caller off to the asterisk voicemail?
If so, how?

Regards,
Paul