[Serusers] SER and SRV records

Michael Shuler mike at bwsys.net
Sat Sep 25 23:37:14 CEST 2004

Well it kindof does and dosent.  If you just want simple almost round robin
load balancing you can do the following:

In bind:
cluster.mydomain.com. 	0	IN	A	123.123.123.1
cluster.mydomain.com. 	0	IN	A	123.123.123.2
cluster.mydomain.com. 	0	IN	A	123.123.123.3

NOTE: The 0 is for the time to live in a DNS cache, since you want it to
load balance you should make it 0 seconds.

In ser:
rewritehostport("cluster.mydomain.com:5060");

Keep in mind that this doesn't do anything if one of the machines fails.  To
deal with that use www.linux-ha.org and have the IP address moved.

Michael Shuler, C.E.O.
BitWise Communications, Inc. (CLEC) And BitWise Systems, Inc. (ISP)
682 High Point Lane
East Peoria, IL 61611
Office: (217) 585-0357
Cell: (309) 657-6365