[Serusers] HELP - lookup("aliases") not working

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 22:34:08 CEST 2004

Hello all.

I'm using ser from the CVS head branch. When my ser.cfg calls lookup("aliases")
nothing seems to be returned.

I have a real user named "1000" which works since I can originate and recieve
calls.

I need to alias this because I need this user to receive calls from the PSTN.

I have used serctl to create an alias with the following command:

       serctl add 2025551234 sip:1000 at mycompany.com

I also verified that this new alias is in the mysql database ser.aliases table

Now I make a call from a land line to 2025551234 and I use ngrep on my sip
proxy to monitor port 5060. I see that a 404 is always returned after the
statement

    if (!lookup("location")) {
        # off to highway 404
    }

I have the lookup("aliases") command prior to the lookup("location") command.

I have also experimented with creating an alias such as "1001" for user "1000"
and dialing it from another registered UA on my softswitch only to get the same
result --- a 404.

How can get the lookup("aliases") to return something?

Regards,
Paul