[Serusers] Question about PSTN Gateways and SER.

Arne Scheffer arne.scheffer at ritstele.com
Wed Sep 22 21:55:28 CEST 2004

Hello all,

there are 2 ways you can go with this:

a)
using exec_dset you can use an external script which talks to a database are just does some basic logic.
You can change the script without having to restart SER

b)
You send all calls to a B2BUA which will do all the advanced features like:
- LCR
- max call duration form prepaid
- fail-over
- messages depending on user credit

c)
You can add a failure path to your SER config which is taken if the primary path fails.

There may be other options but I have gone for b) as it offers a lot more fuctions.

regards,
Arne.