[Serusers] PostgreSQL

Miguel González Castaños mgc at tid.es
Wed Sep 22 17:36:15 CEST 2004

Dear all,

 I am trying to use SER with PostgreSQL but in separate boxes, one for
the proxy and the other one with the DB backend.

 A group of colleagues succeed in installing everything in the same box,
but I am trying to go further, because the database is also part of a
bigger database system application and We would like to gather
everything together.

 Anyway I got an authorized 401 code when I try to log on in the SER
system. I am trying to find out what is going on. I have downloaded the
sip_scenario utility to analyse the tcpdump files generated with the
ethernet utility. Anyway I still dont see what happens when the SER
server tries to connect with the PostgreSQL database, the tcpdump tool
says that there is any kind of connection but I dont know really what is
going on.

 Can anyone give any hint to help me out?

 Many thanks in advance

 Miguel