[Serusers] serweb when ser is using fifo_db_url

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 17:32:27 CEST 2004

Hello All.

I'm using ser from the CVS head branch. I'm also using serweb from the CVS head
branch. I also have mysql working well with ser.

In my ser.cfg file I have the following:

# fifo - FIFO special file pathname

                                      #fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
fifo_db_url="mysql://ser:heslo@sipdb01.mycompany.com/ser"

SER starts fine. Now serweb however complains that it cannot write to
/tmp/ser_fifo. I'm not sure if I need the fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo" setting. Do I
when using fifo_db_url?

If my ser is using mysql for FIFO rather than /tmp/ser_fifo how do I get serweb
to play nice? I know there is a FIFO parameter in serweb's config.php as
follows:

$config->fifo_server="/tmp/ser_fifo";

I've tried setting this to "mysql://ser:heslo@sipdb01.mycompany.com/ser" since
the docs say this parameter must match the ser.cfg fifo settings, but that
doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
Paul