[Serusers] RE: diversion header

Christopher Crawford crawford_c at pannaway.com
Wed Sep 15 15:39:06 CEST 2004

Thanks for the help with this question.  The manual provides an example
for a creating a header when diverting to voicemail for a negative
response.  To support the draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levy-sip-diversion-08.txt a
reason (e.g. 486 busy here) would need to be understood in order to
support the diversion header.  From the example and the ser
documentation, it appears as if there is no current method to detect
exactly which 4xx response was returned.  Is my statement correct?

(Clipped from ser user's documentation)

Example 3-11. Forwarding to PBX/Voicemail via Cisco Gateways
route{
	# if we do not get a positive reply, continue at reply_route[2]
	t_on_failure("2");
	# forward the request to all destinations in destination set now

	t_relay();
}

failure_route[2] {
	# request failed (no reply, busy, whatever) ... forward it again
	# to pbx's voicemail at phone number 6000 via Cisco gateway at
	# 192.168.10.10; append proprietary CC-Diversion header field
with
	# original request uri in it, so that the gateway and voicemail
	# know, whom the request was originally intended for
	append_branch("sip:6000 at 192.168.10.10");
	append_urihf("CC-Diversion: ", "\r\n");
	t_relay();
}

Regards,