[Serusers] Re: [Serhelp] SER truncates long INVITES relayed from products such as Ingate and Jasomi

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 15 10:49:52 CEST 2004

On Sep 14, 2004 at 16:23, Giudice, Salvatore <Salvatore.Giudice at FMR.COM> wrote:
> I believe that we have identified a bug in SER related to limitations in
> the size of the SIP message SER will t_relay. This bug is easily
> reproducible and is described as follows:

SER's message size limitation is 64K, which is anyway the maximum
possible udp datagram. So this is not a limitation on ser's part.
>From your dumps it seems the sip messages get bigger than 1472 bytes
after they pass throuxrgh ser and they get fragmented (not by ser, but by
the linux network layer).
On your dump only the first fragments are shown (and that's why the
messages look truncated). If you would dump all the traffic comming from
your ser box you will see also the rest of the messages in the second ip
fragments.

The asterix box should have no problem with this fragmented datagrams
(they are defragmented automatically by the linux network layer, asterix
wouldn't even now they were fragmented in the first place).
So you probably have some other problem.

Andrei