[Serusers] WM 5.0 & iptel: presence

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Tue Sep 14 17:34:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've an iptel server running from CVS (stable), and want it to work with
Windows Messenger if possible.

Presence seems to be erratic at best, For instance I can see the current
users with:
        serctl showdb

but the presence in WM fi often wrong.

Questions:
- Does presences with WM work, if no are there workarounds/fixes?
- Are there any other issues I need to know about WM? I want to use it in a
small test pilot for IM, presence, Peer to peer audio calls, and pstn calls
via a cisco gateway.

- is there a searchable archive of SER mailing list? This is surely a FAQ,
but don't flame me, I didn't see a link on
http://lists.iptel.org/mailman/listinfo/serusers :-)

Thanks in advance,

Sean Boran