[Serusers] msilo performs DNS-Lookup to domain name

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Fri Sep 10 11:27:03 CEST 2004

Hello,

On 9/10/2004 11:14 AM, Jankowski, Jan wrote:

>I have a Problem using the msilo module.
>
>Storing offline messages works fine but if a user comes online, stored
>messages will not be sent to him, because msilo tries to lookup the
>domain name in the stored uri.
>This is a Problem, because looking up this domain name will not give the
>ip address of the ser machine.
>
>Here are two parts of my ser.cfg:
>
>modparam("msilo", "db_url", "sql://ser:heslo@localhost/ser")
>modparam("msilo", "db_table", "silo")
>modparam("msilo", "registrar", "sip:admin at localhost")
>

>if (method=="REGISTER") {
>	if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
>		www_challenge("", "1");
>		sl_send_reply("403", "Only registered users are
>allowed");
>		break;
>	};
>	save('location');
>	m_dump();
>	break;
>};
>

>I'm using the example from the standard msilo.cfg to store the messages.
>
>Is there a way to solve this without using a real hostname for ser?

you can force msilo to send the messages to the address from REGISTER's
contact header (set use_contact parameter to 1 -- see the README file).
This would have some problems if the user is behind the a nat. Another
way would be to set an outbound proxy -- it is on my to-do list for some
while, but no time to do it. I will give some priority.

>Why msilo doesn't use the users real ip address stored in the usrloc
>database?

See above, you can force to sent to the contact address registered at
that moment. In the usrloc table can be more than one addresses -- make
no sense to send it again to an old contact since it was a try when that
address was registered.

Daniel