[Serusers] Still More CC-Diversion questions

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 3 14:57:18 CEST 2004

   I am still chasing a problem with using the CC-Diversion header to
redirect a call
back to my service provider to an Octel system hanging off their switch.

  I am a Verizon Centrex customer. Inbound calls are presented to my
Cisco 2620XM
router via a PRI . The called party number has 5 digits. When using the
SER and
CC-Diversion header to redirect an unanswered call to our Octel
voicemail system
I repeatedly get the following:

        "Cause i = 0x809C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)"

  After some digging I suspect that Verizon wants me to send them more
digits so
they can forward the call to the correct mailbox. This is consistent
with the above
error. The problem is no one, did I say no one, seems to know how many
digits
they want.

  So the question is this. How can I manipulate the "Original Called
Number" value
in the outbound ISDN setup message to contain more or less digits? It
seems like this
value is extracted from the value in the To header. Is this correct? In
the ISDN
messages the original called number is always the 5 digit called party
number.

Thanks,Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering