[Serusers] User ser+nathelper+rtppoxy as outbound server

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Fri Sep 3 10:14:16 CEST 2004

Since ser knows both inside and outside addresses, there should be no
special check on the IP address if record route is used. Just have to make
sure that ser puts the right address on outgoing packets depending on the
outgoing interface.

SDP address needs to be changed if a call is forwarded to an outside IP. For
intra-office call, nothing needs to be changed, no uac-nat-test().
Presumably RTP packets can be relayed by rtpproxy with no or minimum change.

Since ser can only handle one branch of forking, it would be a real problem
on how to handle a call forking to both inside and outside.

This whole setup would be perfect to run on a cheap SBC (single board
computer) with very small RAM and flash message, e.g. Linksys wrt54G and
rv042. Both are based on linux and have open source code available.

Richard