[Serusers] Failover PSTN Gateways

Ranga rrao_v at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 20:14:33 CEST 2004

Adrian/Jan,

I have following setup.

UA--(registered as friendly name - ranga )--ser--PSTN.

For termination, our provider's PSTN GW mandates
Contact header to be the proxy address because we
asked for origination on our proxy. This has become a
problem as original contact of UA is lost at the
server. Subsequent ACKs or BYEs will never reach UA if
we change the contact.

Second scenario where friendly names are not validated
at the pstn gateway. They require a DID to be
mentioned in the From uri.

This kind of specifications keep changing from
provider to provider. Is there a work around for this
without much deviation from SIP?

In any of the above scenarios, origination was never a
problem. We were able to seturi using a module that
reads our user mapping information.

Thanks in advance.
Ranga