[Serusers] Failover PSTN Gateways

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Sep 2 00:41:27 CEST 2004

There is some work in progress:

http://download.dns-hosting.info/SERLCR/README

Adrian

Hi list,

We have a setup with 2 redundant stateful SER SIP-Servers with
accounting.

For calls to the PSTN we have 2 ISDN-PRI gateways connected to
different ISDN-PRI lines.

We need to implement a dynamic failover mechanism and load balancing.

a) Incoming calls: No problem, the PSTN switch takes care of that
b) Outgoing calls:
   Both GWs are registered at both SERs; calls are usually relayed with
"t_relay_to_udp(x.x.x.x, "5060");"
   But how can I implement a quick failover including load-distribution
between those gatways?
   I.e. if I receive "busy here" or no response after a short period
after the "invite", the call should be redirected to the other GW.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Gerhard