[Serusers] Ser/pa module and publish request

Jamey Hicks jamey.hicks at hp.com
Wed Sep 1 23:59:17 CEST 2004

Ansari, Mohammed wrote:

> Hi,
> I send a Publish request to the SER server and it returns a 200 OK
> without the SIP-ETag: header. Anyone knows why? Also a subsequent
> SUBSCRIBE request comes back with a "400 Bad request" response. Does
> the SER pa module support subscribe/notify sip extensions? Some
> documentation seem to suggest subscribe/notify is supported only in
> Jabber? Is this correct? I am a bit confused.

Which version of ser?  I am doing work on the PA module in the CVS
version.  It supports subscribe/notify/publish for SIP, though it is
probably nonconformant.  If you'd like to help debug, I can give you
access to a public instance of the latest SER code so that I can see SIP
messages and ser debug messages.

I'm pretty sure the current code does not add this header because either
I missed it or it was not present in the draft of the PUBLISH spec that
I was reading.  I will have to think about how to implement this.  I'm
not sure what it means in the context of partial PUBLISH.

Thanks,
Jamey