[Serusers] SER question

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 02:19:00 CET 2004

Clive,

serusers_at_iptel.org should be included in the discussions for the benefit of the user base.

Are you using MySQL? If so, did you perform these steps:

* enable mysql in <ser-src>/modules/acc/Makefile and recompile
  the acc module and copy acc.so to /usr/local/lib/ser/modules

  edit modules/acc/Makefile (remove hash on the line DEFS+=-DSQL_ACC)
  cd <ser-src>
  make modules=modules/acc modules
  cp modules/acc/acc.so /usr/local/lib/ser/modules

* compile the mysql module using

  cd <ser-src>
  make modules=modules/mysql modules
  cp modules/mysql/mysql.so /usr/local/lib/ser/modules

* Add an alias using serctl. For example:

  NOTE: This assumes you really do have lookup("aliases") in ser.cfg

  serctl alias add 1000 sip:5551212 at sip.mycompany.com

Now you should be able execute "select * from aliases;" and see the new alias record.

If you added the alias correctly (an all else worked) then you should be able to see the alias as
follows;

  serctl alias show 1000

which should return something like this:
  <sip:5551212 at sip.mycompany.com>;q=1;expires=-90832

Cheers,
Paul

--- clive at phonehome.co.za wrote:

---------------------------------
Hi

I hope you don't mind me emailling you.

I am having a similar problem with alias's that you had, just that mine don't seem to even be
getting past the "go" mark.

I put#160; "lookup("aliases");#160;#160; " into the ser.cfg file, and I have all the fifo
permissions correct.

There does not seem to be any information in the database

Do you have any pointers?

Thanks and regards
Clive