[Serusers] Is there an expected release date for ser-0.8.15??

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 19:16:40 CEST 2004

I've been using ser-0.8.99-dev7 through ser-0.8.99-dev12 with very good
success. The only problem I've seen is the recently fixed bug whereby the
location table in MySQL wasn't being populated.

I must admit I've not used the pike, jabber, msilo, pa, radius, postgres, or
cpl modules.

Also, we are very close to publishing a patch for using UDP sockets rather than
the FIFO or Unix Sockets. We still need to modify sems to take advantage of
this but our primary focus is getting serweb off the ser proxy server. We also
need to make sure that the current FIFO and unix sockets remain available for
those that want to use them. Hopefully this patch will be accepted by the
maintainers :-)

It would be really cool if we indeed get this fully functional and published to
the maintainers before the next stable release because I have a feeling that
many people could really benefit from seperating ser, serweb, and sems since
this gets the project one step closer to carrier-grade VoIP.

Cheers,
Paul