[Serusers] Question about REGISTER.

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Oct 28 15:21:32 CEST 2004

On 27-10 19:07, Marian Dumitru wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> I see your problem. What you can do is to set registrar module to use
> only the most recent registered contact:
> 	modparam("registrar","append_branches", 0)
> 	modparam("registrar","desc_time_order", 1)
>
> Other thing you can do is to limit the registration time
> 	modparam("registrar","max_expires", 300)
>
> to use this, be sure your SIP clients supports expire modification by
> server.

  Unfortunately this is mutually exclusive with nathelper. Nathelper
  will rewrite the IP in Contact with the source IP of the packet
  carrying the REGISTER message and user agents will not be able to
  match the Contact in 200 OK and thus update the expires value.

  This has been fixed in the development version of ser. It does not
  rewrite the IP in Contact anymore, the source IP of the REGISTER
  message is stored separately in the user location database.

    Jan.