[Serusers] numbering/routing without strip()

Socrates Varakliotis S.Varakliotis at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 27 22:18:41 CEST 2004

Antonio Querubin wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Socrates Varakliotis wrote:
>

>>I have SER listening to both IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces. With my current
>>config, when an IPv4 soft phone wants to talk to an IPv6 soft phone I
>>have to prefix the dialed number with 6, and vice-versa with prefix 4.
>>
>>(Assume that my soft phones are registered with a 4-digit numbers)
>

> I think if you relay instead of forward then the user won't have to know
> anything about which IP version the other end is using.

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your time to answer this query. I tried, but it won't work.

I should have clarified that the gateways I'm forwarding to (46gw.xxx
and 64gw.xxx) are not SERs themselves. They are simple MSP gateways
(mini sip proxy, and rtp proxy). What they do is they listen to their
ipv6 interface and forward data blindly to the ipv4 interface and vice
versa. They have been configured to bounce SIP packets back to my SER
(only one SER in my scenario: sip.xxx), which will handle routing as normal.

Any further ideas appreciated.
--
Socrates.