[Serusers] Advice on a dynamic SIP routing solution

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.com
Wed Oct 27 11:39:59 CEST 2004

All,

I am writing for some advice from the list.  We have been happily using Ser for
the last few months, but now we want to build a pair of SIP-based
Network/Routing servers that are capable of making dynamic routing decisions
based on both the A and B party numbers.  Ideally we would like a solution
which could return a 302 redirect to a specific gateway address and/or perform
digit manipulation on the B party number if necessary.  Ideally we would also
want to manipulate these rules dynamically without having to restart the SIP
server (i.e. using a database or similar to store our routing rules).

I'm not aware of any Ser modules that can do this type of thing, but if anybody
has any suggestions of good products/solutions - either open source or
commercial that would suit our needs then I would appreciate the advice.

Also, am I right in thinking now that Ser can 'reload' it's config without
having to restart the daemon?  If so, and we did something where we wrote a
script to generate a Ser config with static routing rules followed by a Ser
'reload' - how many routing rules realistically could we have in the Ser Config
before performance becomes an issue? (10's, 100's, 1000's?)

Regards,
Ray