[Serusers] SER MySql database creation

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Tue Oct 26 13:21:09 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I came across a thread on the serusers mailing list from smeone
called Martin Coggin, saying that he was having trouble setting up
the mysql database for ser (wouldnt accept passwords)and Im having
the same problem. I've included the problem thread below:

"".........................
hattie:/usr/sbin# ser_mysql.sh create
MySql password for root:
Domain (realm) for the default user 'admin': ser

creating database ser ...
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root at localhost' (Using
password:
YES)

OK so I know I put the right root password in for Mysql cos it works
with mysqld.

What is the right response to Domain (realm) for the default user
'admin':  as you can see Ive used SER.  Is this right.

What password is to be entered in the line after "creating database
ser".  Ive tried heslo, Ive tried mysql root password, Ive tried YES.
All get the same response............................""

I am experiencing the EXACT same problem and do not know how to fix
it. I think the database is created but I cannot add users using the
serctl utility because I get asked for the same password. Heslo or
the root password dont work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you for your time,
Aisling O' Driscoll.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.