[Serusers] Failure route not working with cisco

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 03:15:16 CEST 2004

Hi

After a couple of weeks of stress, I have managed to get pstn
connectivity working fine, to this I am trying to add voicemail with
asterisk.

Now when i send out a call to the pstn via cisco, what I want is that if
the call is not answered, or abusy signal is sent, that the t_on_failure
section kicks in and we are forwarded to asterisk.

My pseudo code is as follows

If uri starts with 9[0-9] then send to route 3

route 3 {
if method = INVITE {
forward call to cisco
}
}

Now when the call is not answered, I seem to get method=ACK messages in
my logs, so when the conf file is ran through again obvioulsy route 3 is
hit, but no match cause the first statement is looking for a INVITE, I
have added the ACK method also, and then it works fine.

What I wanted to know is this the norm, and is the method of adding the
ACK there okay, or is it a kludge which will break if I change my UA, or
change my cisco box. If I cancel the call, then the method is <CANCEL>
which is okay, but I just cant see where the ACK method comes from if
call not answered

tks

iqbal