[Serusers] starting ser - location table records not being honored

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 16:42:13 CEST 2004

Hi All.

I found more information about my problem. The reason ser was complaining about
stale location records is because they were indeed stale.

The actual problem is that ser is not storing location information in the
location table eventhough I have this as my ser.cfg usrloc configuration:

modparam("auth_db|domain|group|uri_db|usrloc", "db_url",
"mysql://ser:pwd_at_mycompany.com/ser")
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
modparam("usrloc", "timer_interval", 60)
modparam("usrloc", "use_domain", 1)

Have I missed something that is needed to get ser to store location information
in mysql?

Regards,
Paul