[Serusers] faster SER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla Daniel-Constantin.Mierla at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 21 12:25:26 CEST 2004

There is nothing to improve in SER as long the communication was
established. In the case a NAT would be involved you would need either a
RTP relay (rtpproxy, media proxy) or in some cases just a STUN server
(depending on SIP clients and NAT type).

On 10/21/04 12:15, Joao Pereira wrote:

>No, there was no NAT involved, both phones were in the same LAN.
>With bad comunication I mean bad audio (with eco) and with lots of moments
>with no audio at all.

Try to force the SIP clients to use some other audio codec (if they
support more than one) -- maybe one has a broken implementation of the
codec chosen for communication.

>And in the same LAN and in the same conditions, but with Asterisk, the
>comunication was perfect.

I do not know much about asterisk, it may do some media correction or
codecs translation.

Daniel