[Serusers] Peering

Darren Nay dnay at IONOSPHERE.net
Fri Oct 15 17:27:26 CEST 2004

We do this by using SERs replicate function to replicate all registration
transactions from one SER server to the other.  We use this functionality
for failover between ser-server1, and ser-server2 but it sounds like you
could us it similarly in your situation.

Just do something like this in your ser.cfg.  (I am assuming that the IP of
your 2nd server is 192.168.0.1 in this example).

if (method=="REGISTER") {
  if (src_ip!=192.168.0.1) {  # authenticate all requests not coming from
the secondary ser server
     if (!www_authorize("my.sipdomain.com", "subscriber")) {
         www_challenge("my.sipdomain.com", "0");
         break;
     };
  };
  save("location");

  # replicate the registration to secondary ser server - if it did not
originate from ser-server2
  if (src_ip!=192.168.0.1) {
     t_replicate("192.168.0.1","5060");
  };