[Serusers] 487 not getting ACK

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Fri Oct 15 11:15:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have a particular UA which can't seem to send the correct "487 request
terminated". Hope that someone can help me here.

The complete sip scenario is at http://o-matrix.org/sip/asf.html.

The relevant call is from Phone A 66.175.65.82, via ser 66.175.65.80 to
Phone B 66.135.241.191.

When Phone A hangs up before B picking up, Phone A sends a CANCEL to ser.
The problem happens when ser forwards the 487 from Phone B to phone A. It
seems the message has some errors which cause Phone A not sending back ACK.

I am pretty sure that this is a problem with the 487 sent by Phone B. I
tested several other type of phones with Phone A and have no problem. But I
can't figure out what's wrong with the 487 message from phone B. All headers
of 487 seems to match the original INVITE.

I noticed SIP packet F14 has "Extra Information: Packet is not a complete
SIP message". Not sure about this.

Thanks,
Richard