[Serusers] Uri module without Database

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Wed Oct 13 17:49:57 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

as it is on cvs, the DB connection is mandatory for the uri module - it
is not a requirement, but a design choice.

I attached a small patch (for 0.8.14) which will allow you to set the
module parameter "db_url" to an empty value/string and to disable the DB
support. Use:
	modparam("uri", "db_url", "" )

NOTE that the functions "does_uri_exist()" and "is_user()" (in
combination with "use_uri_table" parameter) will not work in this case.
Please let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Marian Dumitru

Martin Koenig wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need to setup a radius-only ser. Is it possible to make use of the
> check_to and check_from functions from the uri.so module without loading a
> mysql or other database module?
>
> Thank you,
>
> regards,
> Martin