[Serusers] accouting giving mysql access denied error

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 03:50:20 CEST 2004

Hi

I have managed to get ser up and running, with a remote Mysql db, it
authenticates users fine when I make a call using a UA like X-lite.

I have also managed to play around with ser.cfg, and it seems to parse
the file correctly judging by the error messages etc I get on the UA.

What I now wanted to do was to use the accounting module acc.so

So I recmpiled and removed the SQL syntax, initially it had been compiled
with radius, however i dropped that option, seeing that serweb works
well, and didnt really need radius (unless someone has other thoughts on
this). I also recompiled all of ser again just to make sure :-)

Well the moment I enter the loadmodule line for acc.so I get the
following error on start up
[snip]
 3(15437) DEBUG: callid: '1ff7efd1-15437 at 127.0.0.1'
 3(15437) DEBUG: init_mod_child (3): usrloc
 1(15435) DEBUG: init_mod_child (1): acc
 1(15435) connect_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
 1(15435) db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
 1(15435) acc:init_child(): Unable to connect database
 1(15435) init_mod_child(): Error while initializing module acc
[snip]

Now without this module loaded, i get NO connection errors and all is
fine, so it cant be a permission problem, I then add the

modparam("acc", "db_url", "mysql://ser:XXXX:@aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/ser")

line
[snip]
7(0) DEBUG: init_mod_child (7): tm
 7(0) DEBUG: callid: '6ffebf9b-0 at 127.0.0.1'
 7(0) DEBUG: init_mod_child (7): usrloc
 1(15444) connect_db(): Access denied for user: 'ser at aaa.bbb.ccc.xxx'
(Using password: YES)
 1(15444)  2(15445) connect_db(): Access denied for user:
'ser at aaa.bbb.ccc.xxx' (Using password: YES)
 2(15445) db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
 2(15445) acc:init_child(): Unable to connect database
 2(15445) init_mod_child(): Error while initializing module acc
[snip]

now I am already using this exact line prior to this module for auth_db
and userloc, these show no errors, so again it cant be a permission
problem, but just to be sure I checked from the command line, and all is
fine.

Any ideas on this one, I am gonna try a sql trace just to see what it is
sending, but cant see why it would be any different.

Tks
iqbal