[Serusers] loop call with asterisk

Bogdan-Andrei IANCU iancu at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Oct 6 11:07:53 CEST 2004

Hi Richard,

I guess it's a very thin line between a loop and a spiral. They are very
similar (even impossible to tell the difference from SIP point of view),
but first is harmful and the second useful :-).
I haven't went through the RFC, but IMHO is tricky for UAS detect
properly a loop - I guess that's way everybody relies on MAX_FORWARD to
end potential loops.
So, depends a lot of what *  consider a loop (how exactly does this) -
because, as you said, all important hdrs are the same. Btw, is at least
RURI changing between  outgoing and returning call ( on *) ?
The worst solution will be insert a very simple B2BUA in the middle to
change at least some tags. But is ugly :-(

regards,
Bogdan