[Serusers] ser dead but subsys locked, no config works?

Robert C. Auch RAuch at totalnetsolutions.net
Tue Oct 5 16:20:26 CEST 2004

In case anyone cares, I figured it out:

1) I have no idea what caused the password error.  Changing my config to use root, running ser once, then going back to user "ser" fixed that error.

2) I didn't have domain.so loaded, and need it for one of my statements.

3) something about ser doesn't currently like my startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ - but running ser -P /var/run/ser.pid works fine for now - at least I'm back online.

Thank you Marian Dumitru for pointing out that the config overrides the command line - I wouldn't have solved this without that bit of knowledge!

Rob