[Serusers] val2str(): Destination buffer too short , pls help

Zhang Wei zhangwei at sict.ac.cn
Fri Nov 26 09:38:32 CET 2004

hi,

  i have met the same problem with latest version as Peter has met. i loaded the latest version today.

  In ser.cfg, when I wrote: modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 1), the user can not registr at all.

  when I wrote: modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
  the user can register but for a moment the debug information shows as the fellow:
entering route[2] - user not online
val2str(): Destination buffer too short
print_values(): Error while converting value to string
submit_query(): Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
insert_row(): Error while submitting query
db_insert_ucontact(): Error while inserting contact
wb_timer(): Error while inserting contact into database

And the Location table of ser database have no records at all.
After a few minutes SER server is down. the debug information shows as the fellow:
val2str(): Destination buffer too short
val2str(): Destination buffer too short
child process 10639 exited by a signal 11
core was generated
INFO: terminating due to SIGCHLD
INFO: signal 15 received
INFO: signal 15 received