[Serusers] IPv6 configuration problem

Haipeng Jin haipengj at qualcomm.com
Wed Nov 24 01:18:09 CET 2004

Hi,

I am running ser-0.8.14 on a Linux box with the network card configured
with both IPv4 (a.b.c.d) and IPv6 addresses (1:2:3:4:5:6:7:8). To make the
SER listen to both IPv4 and IPv6 incoming calls, I have the following lines
in ser.cfg:

listen=a.b.c.d  1:2:3:4:5:6:7:8
port=5060

However, the SER is not responding to any incoming requests. For example,
when my IPv4 clients (tried both Messenger and Xlite) attempt to Register,
there is no response from SER server. If I remove the "listen" line from
ser.cfg, the SER server works fine just as normal.

Can anyone please point out what is happening? A working IPv6 setup example
will be great if you can provide one (including ser.cfg, clients used, and
relevant settings for the client).

Thanks,
Haipeng