[Serusers] problems with ser+quintum gateway

voip technocrat tech_voip at yahoo.co.in
Sat Nov 20 10:52:51 CET 2004

Hi list,

Iam useing the SER of version: ser 0.8.12-1rc6
(i386/linux)

My aim is to place the calls on to the gateway

iam useing the ser.cfg as follows.

# ----------- global configuration parameters

debug=8         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
fork=yes
log_stderror=yes        # (cmd line: -E)

check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
port=5060
children=4
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"

# ------------------ module loading

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters

# -- usrloc params --

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# -------------------------  request routing logic

# main routing logic

route{

        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long
requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                break;
        };
        if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too
big");
                break;
        };

# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
# subsequent messages will go through our proxy;
that's
# particularly good if upstream and downstream
entities
        # use different transport protocol
        record_route();
        # loose-route processing
        if (loose_route()) {
                t_relay();
                break;
        };

# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
# (in case, it does not work, use the following
command
# with proper names and addresses in it)

        if (uri==myself) {
                if (method=="REGISTER") {
                        save("location");
                        break;
                };

                if (!uri=~"sip:9[1-9][0-9].*@.*")
                {
                        if (method=="INVITE")
                        {
                        sl_send_reply("403", "Call
cannot be served here");
                        }
                        else if(method=="BYE")
                        {
                        forward(uri:host, uri:port);
                        }
                else
                {
                forward(uri:host, uri:port);
                };

                break;
        };

        };
        # forward to current uri now; use stateful
forwarding; that
        # works reliably even if we forward from TCP
to UDP

        rewritehostport("*.*.*.101:5060");

        if (!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
        };

}

i have number like 214 which has been registerd with

the fxs device to our ser proxy . so when i dial

the numbers like 9198495305756 which will be pstn

terminated with the help of quintum gateway.

i observerd  the request reaching to the quintum is

with the address/domain/ ip of client Ip not the
server

domain / ip  while in the gateway we have allowed all

calls coming from the our ser domain

so by result of this when an invite is coming

with the client ip it could not able to acess the

pstn number for the first few seconds

we get the message like 183 processing the call but

after some time it gives the message like 486 busy and

call ends.

but when i allow the client ip also in my quintum

gateway the call is being sucessfull established

i think ser is doing the state less forwarding

this is main problem iam faceing.

help of people like you in this will be highly
appreciated

with regards