[Serusers] SER and IC-RADIUS

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Fri Nov 19 19:46:46 CET 2004

Hi there

what you described doesn't seem to have anything
to do with the dictionary anymore, so let's forget
that for now (may be it is fixed and you didn't
noticed because the following case)

Lucas Aimaretto wrote:
> So, now coming to SER.
> When I tried to make a call, only 1st auth took place between SER and
> IC-RADIUS.
>
>  SER		     IC-RADIUS
>   |			   |
>   |---(1st AUTH)---->|
>   |<-----(OK!)-------|
>   |------------------|
>   | <- Data Flow ->  |
>   |------------------|
>

> No 2nd auth, nor Acct-Messages were sent.

why would be a 2a auth for the same user? do you mean
you desire a new auth per call?

what you're describing is correct, from the default
SER installation point of view. the user is authenticated
until his register "expires" (controlled on UA or forced
by SER)

to make the acct packets travel you'll need to edit
modules/acc/Makefile and uncomment radius defines
(check the file please, it is very small)

then recompile SER (I wish acc module splits in
acc_sql and acc_radius as with auth module somewhere
in the future, so it will easy binary distributions)
so your new acc module will have RADIUS support

then turn on acc module (loadmodule "acc.so")
and turn on radius flags (see my previous post
on the list with further instructions to enable
RADIUS acct packets. it does work -- sort of)

I didn't had the time on the last couple days to try
to figure out where to insert the setflag to trigger
the start packet (the stop and failed packets are
generated ok on my test config)

 > The user trying to make the
> called, existed on my RADIUS Database, and so RADIUS  sent back and
> Access-Accept to SER, and ser automatically placed the call, yes ? Is
> this a normal SER´s behaviour? How can I make SER send 2nd auth and
> Acct-Messages ?
>
> Hope this time is clear! ;-)

much better, thanks!

Cheers