[Serusers] Video quality !!

Kiko Vives kiko.vives at ua.es
Fri Nov 19 11:03:20 CET 2004

Hello list !!

Now everything seems to start working.

I am using ser 0.8.14, radius for authenticating and accounting and
mediaproxy for proxy audio and video sessions between my network and outside
or between different subnetworks inside my general network.

Now the problem is that video quality (I am using Windows Messenger) is
really really BAD. Audio is almost perfect but video is really slow and
pixelized. All media traffic (RTP, UDP, H263) go thru my ser proxy but I
don't understand why is so bad because ser does not touch these packets,
just forward them, isn't it ?. I dont think is a question of my network
bandwidth because is a local area network with some acls....

Does anyone have a similar problem ? Is there any way of knowing how much
bandwidth needs the video session ? Is there a minimun speed and memory for
my server for this scenario ?

Thanks in advance:

Kiko