[Serusers] Audio Cut Through Issue

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Thu Nov 18 22:06:39 CET 2004

H Brian,

this is not a configuration problem and there is no way to fix it. This
is cause be the way NATs work. To be able to receive media through the
NAT, the NAT binding must be opened - and this is done from inside the
NAT when you send the media. So, that's way you have to talk before
being able to hear something.

Best Regards,
Marian

Brian J. Rathman wrote:
> I am experiencing an issue with Cisco ATA186's behind NAT where when they place a call, they can not hear the called party until they speak. Since the voice cut through does eventually happen once you speak, I believe it may just be a small code issue with my ser.cfg file. This is important to me because the application I am implementing has customers using the ATA to call into an IVR platform. The problem is that they never hear the IVR until they say something. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. I am attaching my ser.cfg file which has been modified from an earlier version of SER. My problem may just be that I am using an antiquated config file. I am not trying to do anything crazy of special with this, so if you know of a simple working ser.cfg file that can handle registrations from behind NAT, that would be very helpful.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Voice Sistem