[Serusers] SER V Asterisk

Jain, Hitesh Hitesh.Jain at FMR.com
Thu Nov 18 20:56:28 CET 2004

HI all,
          Anyone who's deployed SER and Asterisk together, just wanted
 know that what are difference in functionalities between SER and
 Asterisk. I mean people generally use SER as front end to do NAT and
 stuff. Asterisk is generally used behind SER to maintain the dialplan
 and appropriate routing. I was wondering if Asterisk can to Natting and

 SER can be used as a registrar to store  information, why cant we use
 them interchangeably? Is there any specific killer function these two
 have which are different?

 Thanks,

 Hitesh.