[Serusers] (no subject)

Jain, Hitesh Hitesh.Jain at FMR.com
Thu Nov 18 15:12:23 CET 2004

HI all,
         Anyone who's deployed SER and Asterisk together, just wanted to
know that what are difference in functionalities between SER and
Asterisk. I mean people generally use SER as front end to do NAT and
stuff. Asterisk is generally used behind SER to maintain the dialplan
and appropriate routing. I was wondering if Asterisk can to Natting and
SER can be used as a registrar to store  information, why cant we use
them interchangeably? Is there any specific killer function these two
have which are different?

Thanks,

Hitesh.