[Serusers] receive_msg: no mem for sip_msg

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Nov 17 18:47:36 CET 2004

On Nov 17, 2004 at 17:34, g.billoudet at arwen-tech.fr <g.billoudet at arwen-tech.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I worked all day on this error. Maybe the following information of my ser
> could be useful :
>
> [root at localhost sbin]# ser -V
> version:  0.8.14 (i386/linux)
> flags: STATS:Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM,
> SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
> ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
> MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
> @(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.168.4.3 2004/06/28 15:41:21 andrei Exp $
> main.c compiled on 12:28:01 Jul 27 2004 with gcc 2.95

You could try to increase PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE to 4096*1024 in config.h,
recompile and see if it works.
What's very strange is you don't seem to have anything consuming all
this memory (empty db).

Anyway, whether the above fix works or not, please try also compiling in
malloc debug support. Set PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE back to 1024*1024,
 edit Makefile.defs, remove -DF_MALLOC, add instead -DDBG_QM_MALLOC and
  recompile (make proper; make all).

Set a high debuging level (e.g.: ser -dddddd), send a SIGUSR1 to
 one of the ser processes (it would be better if it won't be the first
 one), try to reproduce your out of memory condition and send another
 SIGUSR1 to the pid listed in the error message in the log. Stop ser
  (killall -TERM ser) and send me the log.

Thanks,
Andrei