[Serusers] xlite voice session

S Shah shah at zynergy.com
Mon Nov 15 19:48:43 CET 2004

The remote computer does not have a public ip address. That computer is
behind a netgear router. The router itself has the public ip address. My
computer is on a lan as well. I'm behind linksys router. This router has a
separate public ip address. My SER server is located in a separate location
from the two computers. The SER server has a public ip address.

I've configured my ser.cfg file to use nathelper but I'm not using
mediaproxy or rtpproxy. I agree that the RTP packets are getting blocked
somewhere along the way. I'm guessing I can rectify the problem by using a
mediaproxy or a rtpproxy. I'm still new to SER and sip so I'm not sure how
to install and setup the mediaproxy and the rtpproxy.

Thanks for your response Bruno.