[Serusers] Call Admission Control on SER

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Sun Nov 14 14:53:34 CET 2004

Hi there

thanks for answering

Jan Janak wrote:
>>would sound reasonable to get (i.e. from RADIUS) a
>>call duration limit (i.e. time_t time + duration),
>>save it together with the nathelper call setup (possibly
>>while nathelper first asks rtpproxy for the call ports),
>>and modify rtpproxy to check if the time limit was
>>reached, ending/blocking the call in this case and
>>avoiding the need of a B2BUA for this particular
>>situation?
>
>   No, I do not think that this is a good idea.
>     Jan.

I've heard and read that using a B2BUA is the only
way to impose a call duration limit with SER.

unfortunately it doesn't scale well (asterisk
is processor power hungry and NAT unfriendly,
being compared to SER)

is there any other idea being worked on or even
on hold on imposing such a limit using SER alone
(patched, of course)?

as the nathelper/mediaproxy calls have to pass
fully onto the SER box, it sounded reasonable
to me to do this control there. I'd appreciate
some comments (pros/cons) on this topic :-)

thank you for the great work made on SER.

Cheers
!3runo