[Serusers] NAT

Bruno Lopes F. Cabral bruno at openline.com.br
Sat Nov 13 23:22:06 CET 2004

Hi

Java Rockx wrote:
> What I actually meant was using either rtpproxy with nathelper **OR** using mediaproxy.

ah, ok

> Anyhow, when using rtpproxy with nathelper we've always had to allow specific UDP ports on end
> user firewalls.

that's the point. I didn't and it worked! that was impressive!

I don't know if my NAT boxes are smart or not (tested with
DI514 and Linksys BEFS11W4). I just put the SIP server IP on
grandstream config and nothing else (STUN, Outbound Proxy
or NAT address are all empty)

the interesting part is that I'm having troubles ocassionaly
with proxynat support using the same telephones and NAT boxes
on FWD network. in fact, with SER, I was able to talk to FWD
from my NATed client without problems! (the other way I'm still
working with). that's the ser.cfg snippet:

#
# is it a FWD destination? (3 xxxx)
if (uri=~"^sip:3[0-9]+@") { # ... forward to gateways then;
       strip(1);
       rewritehostport("fwd.pulver.com:5060");
       forward(uri:host, uri:port);
       break;
} else {
#

       # native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
       if (!lookup("location")) {
                  sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
                  break;
       };
};

does any of you knows if it is possible to redirect a
ipkall.com account to a SER box? or to redirect a
non-answered FWD account to another SIP account on a
SER box?

Cheers
!3runo